The Planning Committee set up to organise the one year anniversary of the late President John Evans Atta Mills by President John Dramani Mahama, has released the list of activities that will take place to highlight the ceremony.
Chairman of the Planning Committee, Kofi Totobi Quakye, in a statement issued today indicated that the remembrance anniversary period will begin on July 21 and end on July 28 2013.
He however, pointed out that detailed programme for the respective events in Accra, Cape Coast as well as Ekumfi will be issued in due course.
Below is the programme line-up
Programme for the first anniversary of the passing away of the late President John Evans Atta-Mills
The planning committee set up by His Excellency President John Dramani Mahama announces the following activities to mark the traditional 1st Anniversary of the passing on of our late beloved President, John Evans Atta Mills:
1. Sunday 21st July 2013: Choral concert at the National Theatre, Accra to mark the birthday of the late President Atta Mills.
2. Monday 22nd July, 2013: the first in the series of Annual Atta-Mills Memorial Lectures at the Accra International Conference Centre.
3. Wednesday, 24th July, 2013: Remembrance ceremony at the Asomdwee Park to observe the exact date and time of the passing away of the late President; followed by the commencement of an International Hockey Gala at the Accra Hockey Pitch.
4. Friday 26th July, 2013: Moslem Prayers.
5. Saturday 27th July, 2013: Foundation-stone laying ceremony at Cape Coast for the construction of the Atta Mills Memorial Research Library which will be affiliated to the University of Cape Coast.
6. Sunday 28th July, 2013: Non – Denominational Church Service at Robert Mensah Stadium (Siwdu Park), Cape Coast.
The detailed programme for the respective events in Accra, Cape Coast as well as Ekumfi will be issued in due course.
Regional ministers will in conjunction with Municipal and District Assemblies organise activities to observe 24th July, the day that President John Evans Atta Mills passed on to glory.
This will be in addition to other activities they may organise as they deem fit during the celebration period July 21- July 28 2013.
All enquiries on the programme may be directed to the Secretariat of the Planning Committee, State Protocol Office, State House, Accra.
Kofi Totobi Quakye
(Chairman; Planning Committee)
A Freelance Journalist, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Editor-in-Chief of www.233times.com. A contributory writer for Ghanaian Chronicle Newspaper. An alumnus of Adisadel College where he read General Arts. He holds first degree in Bachelor of Arts from the University of Ghana; Political Science (major) and History (minor). He has also pursued MSc Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Energy with Public Relations (PR) at the Robert Gordon University in the United Kingdom. His mentors are Rupert Murdoch, Warren Buffet, Sam Jonah, Kwaku Sakyi Addo and Piers Morganview all posts by: Nana Kwesi Coomson
233times.com is a Ghanaian media house which serves as a major source of exclusive interviews ,music and video downloads, news and more.
233times.com reports on major events,news covering entertainment, politics, sports, etc from within Ghana, Africa and beyond.
We have a platform for the amateur artistes to portray their staggering talents ...more...
To advertise with us or make enquiries, please visit 233times.com/advertise or call +233249455142 (Selorm), +233248185848 (Nana Kwesi)