These days, all we get to read about is celebrity marriages that have tumbled and crashed. Now, how about we acknowledge and celebrate those who have been able to keep their homes steady? Here’s a list of Nigerian celebrities whose marriages have stood the test of time!
*Capt Matthew Ekehinde and Omotola Jalade Ekehinde. These couple have always had each other’s back. Capt Ekehinde is Omotola’s number1 fan and he has been supporting her all through her career. Isn’t that sweet?!
* Emeka And Emma Ike. The Nollywood lover boy still holds it down with his sweetheart despite the many distractions in his field. Notwithstanding the large population of admirers among fans, colleagues and friends, Emma still remains the only one.
* Joke sylva and Olu Jacobs- I have a dream that someday, nollywood, and hollywood perhaps, would produce the love story of this couple. In spite of fame and stardom, they have enjoyed 25 years of marriage. Beat that if you can…!
* Isaac and Nneka Ene of Goge Africa. These couple love to have fun! I’ll tell you they’ve been everywhere you can ever think of, especially in Africa. They cheer together, move together, do the same things and laugh hard; I would say they love each other’s company. Compatibility can go no further.
* Patrick and Iretiola Doyle. These couple know how to keep it on the low. They are one of the few icons whose stories don’t get splashed in the papers just like that. This could mean they are understanding and super-united. What do you think?
* Tunde and Wunmi Obe. TWO are living life to the fullest. They are one of the few couples who love to do the same things. What’s more? They look alike, when you know their kilos, you’ll see what I mean.
* Richard Mofe Damijo and Jumobi Adegbesan. What a fine couple they make. When beauty and prince charming are in sync, I can bet they’ll beget a Cinderella, a Snowwhite, a Pocahuntas or one of those belles we see on TV. Nice combo guys!
* Sonny and Betty Irabor. These couple make a good example of one who have stood the test of time. They are into different fields and they are doing well in their fields of choice. I haven’t heard one scandal about them and I do not hope to.
* Austin JayJay and Nkechi Okocha. Unlike many football stars, JayJay has been able to put all his golden eggs in one deserving basket. These couple have an inspiring story but I guess that’ll be a blog for another day. Nkechi remains the great woman behind this successful footballer.
N.B: 2face and Annie idibia: They might have gotten married recently, but their relationship has gone through a lot of ups and downs and they are still kicking it. I wonder why Hollywood is still silent about mirroring their story on stage. Or would producing a movie based on their story take as much time as it took the couple to make their marriage decision? Just thinking out loud *lol*!
And….oh…no! The list isn’t complete without the first Nigerian couple!!!
Goodluck and Patience Jonathan: Their marriage is a proof of the fact that love is indeed patient! Hate or Love “mother” of the nation, one thing that stand out, her hubby sure love her to pieces!
* Ramsey Noah and Emike Phillips Noah. Here’s one more fiiiiiine boy of nollywood. Obviously, he knew what he wanted, went for it and stuck to it. Thumbs up handsome!