We live in a world and age where toxic people are everywhere. Most of us work with them, live with them, or know them socially. Moreover, we all know how exhausting and destructive toxic relationships can be. As you are entering into a new year, you need to play it smart and limit your exposure to such people. However, the first and most important step is to recognize when a person is toxic. Here are the top 10 types of toxic people you shouldn’t bring with you into the new year.
1. The Charmer: although this type of person might appear quite attractive and extremely appealing, be aware – the charmer can lie to you with a smile on his face. Charmers steal, cheat, manipulate and exploit, getting through life without a drop of remorse for everything they’ve done. Stay away from these people.
2. The Volcano: this person is like a volcano, carrying around a lot of lava (anger) that is ready to blow. If you can’t change this type of person (and in most cases you can’t), you should probably walk away from all “volcanoes” in 2015.
3. The Dreamer: the dreamer is always full of great ideas and plans, but is unable to put them into practice. This person is like a sinking ship that is prone to financial and social disaster.
4. The Greedy One: people who want all and are never satisfied should be avoided at all costs. Even though we live in a culture where everything seems to revolve around money, greed was always fatal for those who succumbed to it.
5. The Wild Child: wild children are those rule-breaking, wild and non-conformist guys who think that everything revolves around them. Most of these guys will suffer the consequences of their recklessness, but you don’t have to.
6. The Cynic: this bitter, angry and sad type of individual sees the bad in everything. Due to his negativism and pessimism, the cynic has very few friends. It is wise not to be one of them if you want to have a happy and fruitful 2015.
7. The Narcissist: just as the name says, a narcissist values himself over everyone else. Initially, a narcissist might seem nice, but you’ll soon realize that his needs, ideas and feelings are the most important.
8. The Complainer: it is hard to stay around people who are always complaining. The difference between a cynic and a complainer is that the former sees the bad in everything, but does not succumb to it, while the complainer blames everyone else and has a low self-esteem about himself. The complainer is probably the most difficult type of personality.
9. The Lazy: laziness is a disease and can draw you back from reaching your goals in life. Because it is contagious, more and more people are suffering from this condition. The more you hang around those affected by laziness, the more you will feel to become ineffective.
10. The Big Talker: lastly, big talkers are those who promote toxic relationships. Big talkers can talk about everything, but when you want them to prove their point practically, they take their toys and leave.