And you know what; it’s not too far from reality. Recently, I ran into a neighbour-pal on Valentine’s Day and she had gotten pink eye (thanks to her four-year-old son).
I grimaced and said: “Sucks to have that on a day like today.”
Her reply: “Are you kidding? This is the best get out of sex excuse I’ve ever had.”
It made me laugh — and wonder what other out-of-the box excuses women use to get out of sex with their husbands and boyfriends.
Here are what they had to say:
1. Didn’t we just have it last week?
2. I can’t have sex when your mother is visiting. It kills the mood.
3. I’ve said that I’m full and don’t feel sexy at all.
4. My friend actually had some sort of condition that made her vagina hurt during sex. She and her boyfriend went without it for a year. When she met another guy, her vagina miraculously started working again.
5. Me: Ugh, I’m just so sore from that gym workout. Everything hurts. Him: I bet your mouth doesn’t hurt …
6. The kids keep getting up and they’ll just disturb us.
7. I haven’t showered.
8. You haven’t showered.
9. Get away from me.
10. I just had my hair done.
11. I’m on my period. Sometimes I use this one twice in a month.
12. I just pick a fight before bedtime.
13. Why don’t we just cuddle? That’s much more romantic.
14. It’s not your birthday!
15. You want sex and I want the dog walked. Do that with any regularity and then we can talk.
16. Have you been drinking? I can smell the alcohol coming out of your pores and it is making me nauseated.
17. I think I have bronchitis or strep or something. If I gave you a blow job, I might infect your penis.
18. I bring up his mom. Kills his mood every time.
19. I just watched the Walking Dead. I can’t have sex after that.
20. And of course, the before mentioned pink eye defence!
A Freelance Journalist, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Editor-in-Chief of www.233times.com. A contributory writer for Ghanaian Chronicle Newspaper. An alumnus of Adisadel College where he read General Arts. He holds first degree in Bachelor of Arts from the University of Ghana; Political Science (major) and History (minor). He has also pursued MSc Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Energy with Public Relations (PR) at the Robert Gordon University in the United Kingdom. His mentors are Rupert Murdoch, Warren Buffet, Sam Jonah, Kwaku Sakyi Addo and Piers Morganview all posts by: Nana Kwesi Coomson
233times.com is a Ghanaian media house which serves as a major source of exclusive interviews ,music and video downloads, news and more.
233times.com reports on major events,news covering entertainment, politics, sports, etc from within Ghana, Africa and beyond.
We have a platform for the amateur artistes to portray their staggering talents ...more...
To advertise with us or make enquiries, please visit 233times.com/advertise or call +233249455142 (Selorm), +233248185848 (Nana Kwesi)