It’s as if people believe men would be incapable of describing their significant other to a police sketch artist in the event that they ever went missing. But men will definitely notice if you come home one day and you’ve gone from long to short, or your hair is suddenly curly or green. Give us some credit here.
2. When you pretend you’re still sleeping, so you can roll over and get some cuddle action in the morning. Why pretend? Is this some kind of test?
3. The way you smile when you’re pretending to be annoyed at us but actually thought that dumb joke was really funny. Why can’t you just admit that it was gross and funny?
4. When you decide to go braless. We don’t even need to see it. We can just sense it.
5. That look you give us when we do something you think is really cute. It’s not just a look of approval. It’s also of a look of “this is why I’m in love with you.” It’s also possibly a look of “we are definitely having sex tonight.”
6. When you get new underwear. He might not know every article of clothing you’ve got in your closet. But it’s a safe bet he could accurately name more of your unmentionables than he could your … unmentionables. Ask him to rank them by which one is hardest to unclasp with one hand. Go ahead, do it.
7. When you remember little things we’ve shared with you. It’s always nice to know someone is paying attention to the stories you share with them. Especially the ones you didn’t think were a big deal at the time. So finding out you know our favorite movie or that we still have a grudge against our older brother for embarrassing us on that family vacation when we were 7 is actually really nice.
8. When you can somehow sense we’re having a bad day even if we don’t want to talk about it. This is the mark of a good relationship, especially if you don’t try to tease it out of us and just accept that we’re upset. Sometimes we just want to be cheered up.
9. And when something is really bothering you, even if you’re the one being quiet. Thankfully, this one goes both ways.
10. The way your hand always finds ours when we’re out walking around. And the way they fit so well into each other.