10. She’s Independent: No one gets into a relationship to be a babysitter. If she can’t seem to function without you, you’ll eventually suffocate, and if you’re smart you’ll run for the nearest exit.
Independence is key to a happy relationship, for both the man and the woman. You’ll find you’re still getting to know her long after you’ve gotten serious if she has a host of interests and commitments outside of your relationship.
9. She’s Intelligent: A woman who can meet you at an intellectual level is a total turn-on. An intelligent woman will constantly surprise you and keep you on your toes.
She won’t let you get bored or complacent. Besides, it’s nice to have something to talk about between all that headboard-rattling sex.
8. She’s Sexual: While we’re on the topic, a great girlfriend has to be sexually compatible with you. The two of you have to be on the same page.
Of course, this doesn’t imply that she has to know all the right moves straight away; it simply means that you and she have an undeniable attraction toward each other and are able to communicate your desires verbally (or with physical cues). It is important that you please each other.
7. You’re Attracted to Her: A great girlfriend will not only want to look good for you, but also for herself. Being seen with her should make you feel better about yourself. Your mutual attraction should make you both want to stay looking your best.
6. She Respects You: This is a biggie. Your girlfriend must respect you — otherwise, you have to wonder why she bothers to be with you. This means that she takes the time to listen to you, even if you’re in a heated argument.
A great girlfriend will keep major disputes private rather than taking you down in public. She’ll make an effort to see things from your point of view (provided you do the same for her). The key here is that the respect is mutual.
5. She Lets You Be a Man: A good girlfriend lets you be a guy in all your glory, poker night and all. She has to understand that men and women are different and should allow you to be yourself.
Just like you wouldn’t deprive her of going shopping with her best girlfriend, she shouldn’t expect you to give up the guys for her.
4. She Doesn’t Nag Without a Good Reason: A great girlfriend knows this and chooses her battles wisely. She knows when to get upset and when to let it slide.
3. She Gets Along With Your Friends and Family: A great girlfriend will make an effort to get to know your people. She becomes one of the crowd.
2. She Loves You: If you have found a woman who loves you for who you really are and not who you pretend or try to be sometimes, you should definitely hang on to her.
Of course, everyone has their slightly annoying habits that their mate has to contend with, but if she really loves you, she’ll be able to cope with these.
Another way to know if she really loves you is by observing the way she looks at you and treats you on an everyday basis. If a surprise visit or phone call from you makes her light up, there’s no denying that she loves you.
1. She Makes You Want to Be a Better Man: Stop making that face . . . Any man who has a great girlfriend will tell you that she makes him want to be a better man. She doesn’t have to say or do anything; it just is that way.
If you find yourself trying to get your finances in order to prepare for the future, you might want to think about your motivation for doing so. It could be love.