As much as this is said, actions really do speak louder than words (and flowers!).
The occasional present doesn’t outweigh the more regular, subtle acts. The things women find meaningful are what significant others typically don’t think about or plan. Simple, sweet gestures are often most cherished.
So the next time you’re looking to impress a woman, look to the following 10 things ahead.
• Asking about our day: Asking a question as simple as “How was your day?” shows interest even in the mundane. It’s nice to know that you care about the small stuff and are willing to learn more about us.
• Opening the car door: Chivalry may be endangered, but it’s not yet dead. Even if you’re past the early stages of your relationship, this one polite move will always be appreciated.
• Long hugs and kisses: Holding on for just a few extra seconds says so much. It translates to, “Remember, I love you.”
• Listening to us: We’re not talking about the “uh-huh”s while you’re checking your emails. Aside from being a common courtesy, listening to us intently shows that you’re interested and that we’re worth your attention.
• Phone calls: As nontext communication becomes more rare, picking up the phone and calling us is respected. It means you want to talk to us right then and there instead of allowing idle windows in between texts.
• Telling us we look nice: Drowning us in compliments can be a turnoff, but we do enjoy when you point out something you like. Whether it’s our outfit or a physical feature, acknowledging these details makes us feel good.
• Remembering a detail from a previous conversation: When you bring up a minor point that we mentioned sometime ago, it shows us that you were paying attention, even if it’s asking how Janice from work is doing.
• Holding our hand: It may seem so trivial, but hand-holding is such a sweet interaction that’s often overlooked. Reaching for our hand is still a sign of affection, and it shows others you’re proud to be with us.
• Sending us random sweet texts: Even a quick message like “I hope your day is going well — miss you” will suffice. If you’re thinking about us, shoot us a text to let us know. It’ll easily make us smile, and we’ll appreciate that you took a moment out of your schedule.
• Random “I love yous”: Telling us you love us in times we least expect it makes it that much more special. Whether it’s on the drive over somewhere and there’s a moment of silence or on the couch while watching TV together, we love hearing it.
-By: NICOLE YI
A Freelance Journalist, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Editor-in-Chief of www.233times.com. A contributory writer for Ghanaian Chronicle Newspaper. An alumnus of Adisadel College where he read General Arts. He holds first degree in Bachelor of Arts from the University of Ghana; Political Science (major) and History (minor). He has also pursued MSc Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Energy with Public Relations (PR) at the Robert Gordon University in the United Kingdom. He is a 2018 Mandela Washington Fellow (YALI) who studied at Clark Atlanta University on the Business and Entrepreneurship track. His mentors are Rupert Murdoch, Warren Buffet, Sam Jonah, Kwaku Sakyi Addo and Piers Morganview all posts by: Nana Kwesi Coomson
233times.com is a Ghanaian media house which serves as a major source of exclusive interviews ,music and video downloads, news and more.
233times.com reports on major events,news covering entertainment, politics, sports, etc from within Ghana, Africa and beyond.
We have a platform for the amateur artistes to portray their staggering talents ...more...
To advertise with us or make enquiries, please visit 233times.com/advertise or call +233249455142 (Selorm), +233248185848 (Nana Kwesi)