It’s no news that men and women are wired differently — especially in terms of relationships. Have you ever heard your male friends describe what they look for in a woman? Some of it is almost laughable because she just doesn’t exist.
For female population who still doesn’t quite understand how men think, the following contradictions might sound all too familiar.
1. Not being a “salad girl” while having a banging body: Those fast-food commercials of models scarfing down cheeseburgers have created this fantasy that 900 calories pair well with a bikini.
Ever been told, “I’m glad you didn’t order a salad”? Well, we can’t be skinny and eat like you all the time.
2. Being wife material while being your FWB (friend with benefits): Some women have managed to embrace the best of both worlds, but a lot of guys tend to mentally categorise between “the girl you have fun with” and “the girl you bring home.” And all while seeking someone who can be both. Now how does that work?
3. Looking natural while still looking super sexy: The I-woke-up-like-this look doesn’t translate as flawlessly for everyone. Au naturel can require some work too.
4. Being distant while still showing interest: So let me get this — you don’t want her texting you too much, but then complain that she doesn’t text you enough. OK, got it.
5. Being a guy’s girl while not having any other guy friends: You, sir, will not be the only male figure in our lives as much as you’d like to be. It’s unrealistic, and not to mention unfair (double standard, much?).
6. Caring while not being too involved: We’re expected to show some interest in your well-being, but God forbid we show a hint more. Because that’s just clingy, right?
7. Keeping you on your toes while not being “complicated”: No one likes getting bored — we get it. But we can’t be sympathetic to “I just don’t get her” when those curveballs are making you call and text back.
8. Being independent while confirming your masculinity: Independent women are just that — independent.
So if that’s what you’re looking for, you can’t simultaneously hold us responsible for keeping your manhood in check. We can’t be expected to need you and to be completely self-sufficient.
9. Being committed but not wedding crazy: A long-term relationship is acceptable, but the second future plans are mentioned, that’s when you run for the hills.
Getting serious is OK as long as it doesn’t involve getting too serious. What gives?
10. Being low maintenance while looking high maintenance: Guys, it takes time to look good.
If it was possible for us to get up and go without any preparation, we’d be all over it.
If you want us to rush getting ready, expect rushed results.
Author: Nicole Yi
An Entrepreneur and Philanthropist. Editor-in-Chief of www.233times.com. A Senior Journalist with Ghanaian Chronicle Newspaper. An alumnus of Adisadel College where he read General Arts. He holds first degree in Bachelor of Arts from the University of Ghana; Political Science (major) and History (minor). He has also pursued MSc Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Energy with Public Relations (PR) at the Robert Gordon University in the United Kingdom. He is a 2018 Mandela Washington Fellow (YALI) who studied at Clark Atlanta University on the Business and Entrepreneurship track. His mentors are Rupert Murdoch, Warren Buffet, Sam Jonah, Kwaku Sakyi Addo and Piers Morganview all posts by: Nana Kwesi Coomson
233times.com is a Ghanaian media house which serves as a major source of exclusive interviews ,music and video downloads, news and more.
233times.com reports on major events,news covering entertainment, politics, sports, etc from within Ghana, Africa and beyond.
We have a platform for the amateur artistes to portray their staggering talents ...more...
To advertise with us or make enquiries, please visit 233times.com/advertise or call +233266121799 (Selorm), +233248185848 (Nana Kwesi)